We thank God that we are able to gather in-person as a church. Please take the time to read & understand ALL of what follows before re-gathering with us.
Per Governor Murphy’s Executive Order No. 242, we will no longer require masks or social distancing. However, you may choose to wear a mask if you prefer, and we will also have the fellowship hall open downstairs for socially distanced worship and viewing the service through the live video feed.
We will be striving to adhere to any reasonable, common-sense guidelines recommended by the CDC.
- However, you must understand that there will be inherent risks to re-gathering.
- We ask that you prayerfully assess your own risk factors before deciding to rejoin us – particularly if you are in a high-risk age, demographic, and/or immunocompromised group. See FAQ below for more details.
- We ask that you stay home if you have been exposed to Covid-19 in the past 14 days or if you are ill in any way. You should self-screen before coming to church. If you have a fever, new cough, new shortness of breath, or sore throat. Please, stay home! The service will continue to be live-streamed for those who cannot attend in person.
- We ask that you plan to limit your use of our restroom facilities to emergencies only. Restrooms will be available for use one-at-a-time. However, please use the restroom before coming to church and consider limiting your fluid intake before arriving at church so that you can avoid using the facilities altogether.
Will there be: Nursery, Sunday School, Children’s Church, or Fellowship Time?
We have resumed Nursery and Children’s Church. We also have resumed gathering in the Fellowship Hall downstairs for food and conversation after the service. Please reach out to us if you have any questions.
Will there be singing?
Be advised that we plan to resume singing together immediately. However, there will be no choir until further notice.
I’m 65 or older. May I attend the church service?
Yes, however, we do ask that you make yourself aware of Vulnerable Populations as Defined by the CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-at-higher-risk.html
Vulnerable populations include, but is not limited to: Individuals 65 years old and older; and individuals with serious underlying health conditions including: chronic lung disease, serious heart disease, diabetes, severe obesity, asthma, and those whose immune systems are compromised (such as by chemotherapy, cancer, and other conditions requiring such therapy).
How will offering be handled?
Offering plates will be available to drop your offering into on your way in or out of the building. Giving will continue to be available online through our website obb.church/give and through the mail.
Will there be a bulletin?
No bulletins will be made available at this time. However, the projection slides are available online each Sunday as a “digital bulletin” at faithlife.com/obbchurch
Will we be able to observe communion?
Yes, pre-filled communion cups containing both the juice and a thin wafer will be used moving forward enabling us to avoid passing plates that everyone touches.
Will there be Hand Sanitizer available?
We will have hand sanitizer stations. However, we recommend bringing your own personal bottle if you are able.
Will we be cleaning the building in between Sundays?
Yes we will have adequate time to clean our facilities between Sundays.
Will I be able to get a drink?
Please understand that the kitchen and all water fountains will be closed. If you think you will need a drink while at church, please plan to bring it from home.
We are no longer requiring pre-registration; however, please make you have read through our guidelines thoroughly.
If you decide to attend our in-person service, please also understand that :
- You understand the risks of returning to a worship service at this time
- You have had no known contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- You are not ill in any way
- You agree to comply with the requested guidelines.
Remember passages like Romans 12:10, “Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.”
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.